The Union County Arts Council is hosting a Quick Draw/Paint art contest during the Union County Farmers Market 2nd Saturday Celebration of the Arts at Wilson Park on September 9th.
The event is free to enter. Pre-registration is not required.
- Participating artists will have from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. to complete their entry. Participants can set up early, but may not begin painting or drawing until 9:00 a.m.. Canvases must be bare at starting time, with nothing pre-painted or pre-drawn.
- Subject matter must be inspired by the farmers market (i.e. market scene, produce and other market items, etc) and entries must be completed on the Farmers Market grounds at Wilson Park. Participants are encouraged to set-up anywhere on the grounds where the scene inspires them, but please leave plenty of room for customers to access the farmers market sales areas.
- Participants may work in the drawing or painting medium of their choice (water color, oils, acrylics, pastels, chalks, pencil, etc). Electronic/digital painting and photography are not allowed.
- Participants must provide their own supplies (canvas, paint, brushes, pencils, easel, etc)
- At 11:30, all participants will bring their completed works to the judging area.
- Judging will begin immediately after the entries are received at 11:30 and prizes will be awarded around noon.
- The event will be judged in three categories: Middle School, High School, and Adults.
- Cash prizes for each category are $50 for first place, $30 for second place, and $20 for third place.